Skip to main content

COTC: Career Resources: Work Study


What is the difference between Federal Work Study (FWS) and Student Wages?

 Federal Work Study (FWS) is awarded to students based on financial need and the availability of funds. Students will be notified of their FWS eligibility in the Financial Aid Award Letter. Students must adhere to the Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress Policy, must be enrolled at least six credit hours, and may not earn more than their annual FWS award.

Student Wages are available to students who do not meet FWS eligibility requirements. 

Student Employment Hiring Process

  1. Thoroughly read each job description and be certain that you qualify for the position. Current job openings are available under Current Job Openings
  2. Complete application and submit to the Office of Financial Aid (located in Hopewell Hall), 1179 University Dr., Newark, OH 43055. Applications are available in the Office of Financial Aid and click here.
  3. Your completed application will be forwarded to all of the supervisors whose job numbers are listed on your application.
  4. The department supervisors will review applications, set up interviews and hire student employees for their departments.
  5. After being hired, students must complete a Placement Record & Payroll Authorization Request and tax packet. These are available in the Office of Financial Aid. Student may not begin working until all forms are submitted. New Hire Forms, Instructions and Other Important Information.

TIP: It never hurts to check in with individual supervisors to show interest in their posted position. It gives the supervisor an opportunity to meet the applicant, and put a face with a name.


Have questions? Email Financial Aid.

Contact the Office of Career Development and Experiential Learning Services​

For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact the office at 740.366.9453 or email Derek Thatcher​