11/23/2020: Starting Monday, November 30, the Library will be temporarily closed to the public.
We will offer appointment-only contactless pickup, and you can return materials to the outdoor bookdrop by Cook Hall. You can still submit requests for physical materials held at Ohio State through the online catalog, for OhioLINK materials through the OhioLINK catalog, and for interlibrary loan items through ILLiad. Once you have received notice that your items have arrived, you can schedule a pickup by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 567-242-7330.
We will continue to offer online research assistance as well via chat, phone, Zoom, and email.
Scanning and electronic delivery of materials from Thompson Library Special Collections, University Archives and Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum is also available. You may submit requests via the email addresses listed below.
· Thompson Library Special Collections: email@example.com
· University Archives: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum: email@example.com
Additionally, HathiTrust has again opened emergency temporary access to University Libraries' copyrighted material in their digital library. This action from HathiTrust allows digital access to nearly two million volumes, corresponding to approximately 46% of the print collections held at Ohio State. More information can be found here.
In addition to the 70,000 volumes in the Lima Campus Library, you also have access to items from other Ohio State University campuses using the OSU Library Catalog. You can also request items from other colleges and universities around the state by using the OhioLINK statewide catalog. And, of course, we have all our online resources, from a complete listing of OSU databases to our e-journals list.
The Lima Campus Library also has a conference room available for small groups. It is equipped with a DVD/VCR and a whiteboard. You may reserve this room by calling 567-242-7330 or consulting a library staff member. The Library also has VCRs for individual use in the copier room; headphones are required when using these.
The Lima Campus community is encouraged to use the Library as a place for research, study, reflection, gathering, and leisure. To promote a welcoming environment, the library permits the consumption of food and drink, within specified guidelines.
Some restrictions are necessary because food and drink pose a potential risk to library collections, equipment, and furnishings. Also, food and drink not discarded appropriately invite pest infestation that can lead to widespread damage to the print collections.
To avoid abuse and in keeping with courtesy to other users of the library, “food” is defined as snacks, not an entire meal. Some foods are not appropriate for the library setting, including anything messy or aromatic. Users and guests of Library are expected to act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the library.
1. Snacks and covered beverages are permitted EXCEPT when using the Archives or hymnal collection.
2. Snacks are permitted, but NOT meals or messy, aromatic foods.
3. Snacks are for individual, NOT group consumption.
4. Acceptable foods include
•Pre-packaged 'snack size' containers of chips, cookies, candy, and other snack foods;
•Candy bar, granola bars, power bars, etc.;
•Other non-messy, non-smelly individual snack foods.
Non-acceptable foods include but are not limited to
•Hot entrees, burgers, fries, pizza, large sandwiches, tacos, and other hot, aromatic, or messy items;
•Large size bags or packages of chips, crackers, cookies, donuts, salads, etc.
6. Beverages are permitted in COVERED containers only, e.g., a secure lid or cap to prevent spillage.
7. Acceptable containers include
•Spill-proof mugs with secure lids and a drinking hole that can be closed;
•Sports bottles with a drinking spout that can be closed;
•Water or soda in capped plastic or stainless steel water bottles;
•Hot beverage containers with lids.
8. Non-acceptable containers include but are not limited to
•Open cups or mugs of any kind;
9. Anyone with food or drink must clean up after him/herself with courtesy to other patrons and use trash receptacles and recycling containers for discards.
10. Spilled food or drink must be cleaned up immediately and spills/food-related mishaps reported to the Circulation Desk.
11. Library staff will remind patrons and guests of this policy and the responsibilities associated with it.
12. Users violating this policy will be asked to remove the food and drink from the area.
Note: There may be special events sponsored by the library or arrangements made as part of space reservations where there will be meals or limited use of open beverage containers.
Questions on the Food and Drink Policy can be forwarded to the library director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lima Campus Library prioritizes adding materials to the collection that support current teaching needs. In addition to our own holdings, we take the holdings of OhioLINK members and other consortia into consideration.